Description – Vyrill is a fan video analytics, ranking, licensing and content marketing
platform to help brand marketers increase revenue by leveraging authentic fan video
such as reviews, unboxing, how-to videos and more for insights and video commerce.
Vyrill is a ‘Google’ for video and creators with the most powerful, AI driven ‘in-video’
search and insights in the market. Vyrill helps capture, rank, rate and leverage use/fangenerated
video (UGV) content for brands and retailers at scale, maximizing its ROI with
its content marketing tools.
Voted top ‘cool’ video analytics & licensing vendor by Forrester Research & Gartner
Research (2017, 2020). Vyrill has developed the industry’s first video ranking system for
commerce and is able to capture authentic UGV 90% faster than any single team can
capture on their own. Vyrill technology helps amplify brand awareness by up to 38% and
increase page engagement by up to 68%.
We’re looking for a talented Director of Engineering to join Vyrill team. Founded at
U.C.Berkeley, Vyrill has developed the core AI technology, core infrastructure and a
platform to enable brands to capture fan videos from social or direct, analyze videos in 8
dimensions and license content to enable video commerce on their home pages, product
pages and social. Our vision is to enable B2B solutions and tools for video commerce for
brand and retailers. We are now ready to scale up. We are thus looking for an
engineering leader, who can help us scale our Video commerce platform and core AI
technology to millions of videos in multiple languages and help develop video commerce
tools to help Vyrill customers grow revenue with video.
- Lead our engineering team and oversee it’s day-to-day operations.
- Scale the engineering organization by hiring and retaining exceptional talent.
- Design organizations, systems, and tools to help us scale effectively.
- Architect a robust engineering system to sustain the heavy load of AI processes and to build a robust and efficient product.
- Developing API and Widget infrastructure to enable new services for partners and customers.
- Develop infrastructure to capture and understand video from multiple platforms.
- Focus on driving efficiency as the team is quickly expanding.
- Work closely with Product, Design, and AI leadership on strategic planning, product
- development, and execution.
- Work closely with teams in different countries, continents and time zones.
- Focus on results while thinking strategically and balancing both short and long term strategies.
- 5+ years experience and 2+ years leadership experience at a startup, preferably
during the rapid team and business scaling phase.
- Highly technical with expertise in infrastructure and architecture.
- Background in developing e-commerce or search products and services.
- Comfortable as a high performing leader building and managing middle to large teams (15+ engineers).
- Demonstrated excellence in scaling the engineering organization through hiring and organizational design.
- Comfortable as a leader of inevitable risky business of an early stage start-up.
- High degree of ownership, autonomy and flexibility.
- Direct experience working on a two-sided platform or marketplace a plus.
- Computer Science (or similar) background.
- Understanding of AI and ML infrastructure
- Previous experience building widgets and integrating APIs with e-commerce or social media platforms.
You’re excited about joining us because…
- We take care of our teammates.
- This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing technology startup, and taking care of our team on this journey is a priority.
- We have curated a mission-driven workplace in which we believe in a positive and supportive team.
- We offer all teammates the opportunity to provide insights on strategy and improve processes across the business.
- You are eager to learn more about the fast-growing video commerce industry.
- We love hanging out. A team that has fun together stays together!
- We offer benefits so you can focus on building a fantastic company! Market and
Market and Company background
With video creation and consumption growing 600% during covid & 200% year to year
pre-covid, and with over 85% of consumers mentioning that videos influence their
purchase decisions and offer touch free shopping experience, brands and retailers like
Amazon (250M+ video reviews captured already), Sephora, Tesla, etc have begun to
lead consumers with video content on search and product pages. Vyrill is pursuing a
$5B+ market opportunity to help brand marketers increase product sales with user
generated video. Vyrill is working with top brands like Google, Revlon, AirAsia, Sargento,
Google and 35+ brands. We have patents pending.
Vyrill was founded out of UC Berkeley by leading experts in machine learning and serial
entrepreneurs with background in mobile, e-commerce and marketing with prior
successful exits. The company is based out of San Francisco.
How to APPLY
If interested, please email – CEO & Co-founder: Ajay Bam at email@example.com
Thank you for choosing to apply with us.