Vyrill is a fan video analytics, ranking, licensing and content marketing platform to help brand marketers increase revenue by leveraging authentic fan video such as reviews, unboxing, how-to videos and more for insights and video commerce.
Vyrill is a ‘Google’ for video and creators with the most powerful, AI driven ‘in-video’ search and insights in the market. Vyrill helps capture, rank, rate and leverage use/fangenerated video (UGV) content for brands and retailers at scale, maximizing its ROI with its content marketing tools. Voted top ‘cool’ video analytics & licensing vendor by Forrester Research & Gartner Research (2017, 2020). Vyrill has developed the industry’s first video ranking system for commerce and is able to capture authentic UGV 90% faster than any single team can capture on their own. Vyrill technology helps amplify brand awareness by up to 38% and increase page engagement by up to 68%.
We’re looking for a talented engineering manager to join Vyrill team. Founded at U.C.Berkeley, Vyrill has developed the core AI technology, core infrastructure and a platform to enable brands to capture fan videos from social or direct, analyze videos in 8 dimensions and license content to enable video commerce on their home pages, product pages and social. Our vision is to enable B2B solutions and tools for video commerce for brand and retailers. We are now ready to scale up. We are thus looking for an engineering leader, who can help us scale our Video commerce platform and core AI technology to millions of videos in multiple languages and help develop video commerce tools to help Vyrill customers grow revenue with video.
- Be a hands-on engineering lead and oversee entire software development effort
- Help scale the engineering organization by hiring and retaining exceptional talent
- Architect a robust, scalable and highly available backend engineering system on AWS
- Develop API, mobile widget and SDK infrastructure to enable new services for partners and customers
- Integration with third party APIs with e-commerce, social and multiple platforms such as Shopify etc.
- Develop infrastructure pipeline for capture and understand video from multiple platforms like TikTok, Youtube etc.
- Focus on driving efficiency as the team is quickly expanding
- Available as a point of escalation to resolve technical issues
- Work closely with Product, Design, and AI leadership on strategic planning, product development, and execution
- Strong experience building cloud native distributed systems
- Be located in the Bay Area or LA Area
- Proven track record of 4+ years software engineering experience with 1+ years in a lead/manager role (preferably at a startup)
- 2+ years of project management experience
- Background in developing AI/ML, e-commerce or search products and services.
- High degree of ownership, autonomy and flexibility
- Computer Science (or similar) degree
- Work closely with a geographically distributed team
- A startup mindset is a must have, be comfortable operating in a high paced environment.
- Understanding of AI and ML infrastructure
- Experience with AI/ML – TensorFlow, PyTorch, Deep Learning (Nice to have)
- Background in text or image search
- Previous experience building widgets and integrating APIs with e-commerce or social media platforms.
- Direct experience working on a two-sided platform or marketplace.
You’re excited about joining us because…
- We take care of our teammates.
- This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing technology startup, and taking care of our team on this journey is a priority.
- We have curated a mission-driven workplace in which we believe in a positive and supportive team.
- We offer all teammates the opportunity to provide insights on strategy and improve processes across the business.
- You are eager to learn more about the fast-growing video commerce industry.
- We love hanging out. A team that has fun together stays together!
- We offer benefits so you can focus on building a fantastic company!
Market and Company background
With video creation and consumption growing 600% during covid & 200% year to year pre-covid, and with over 85% of consumers mentioning that videos influence their purchase decisions and offer touch free shopping experience, brands and retailers like Amazon (250M+ video reviews captured already), Sephora, Tesla, etc have begun to lead consumers with video content on search and product pages. Vyrill is pursuing a $5B+ market opportunity to help brand marketers increase product sales with user generated video. Vyrill is working with top brands like Google, Revlon, AirAsia, Sargento, and 35+ brands. We have patents pending.
Vyrill was founded out of UC Berkeley by leading experts in machine learning and serial entrepreneurs with background in mobile, e-commerce and marketing with prior successful exits.
📍 The company is based out of San Francisco.
How to APPLY
If interested, please email – CEO & Co-founder : Ajay Bam at email@example.com.
Thank you for choosing to apply with us.