Video Reviews, also known as Video Testimonials, are content created by a brand’s consumers (aka UGC or user generated content). During this type of video, the consumer talks about the experience and opinion that he/she is having with a product or service and shares their opinion about whether they recommend it or not.
Brands have always cared about what consumers and clients may say about their products. However, it’s known that during this age of web video, dependence on video reviews and testimonials has grown because of the value they add for customers and the credibility they add to the brand. As brands always track and analyze consumers behavior, this type of user generated video allows them to also engage with them, get instant feedback and stay in an “endless” conversation with them.
“90% of respondents claimed that positive online reviews influence buying decisions.”
As Yelp and Tripadvisor began using video on their platforms, the social media boom (Youtube, Facebook, Instagram,…) was also beginning to take hold. During this evolving process, video reviews gained in popularity and played an important role in creating ‘influencers’ out of people who consistently posted popular reviews. The videos helped consumers reach more people with their messaging, therefore and brands quickly realized new ways to reach, engage and nurture their customer base.
Video reviews have an impact on a business’s reputation and brand image. When video campaign’s are managed well, they can generate a great deal of traffic to brand channels, which ultimately increases sales.
With Vyrill data, a brand has the opportunity to discover video content
- Influence Buyer Decisions: Video reviews contain decision-making information and are a source of research for consumers looking to purchase a particular product or service. More and more, brands are taking advantage of the opportunity to use user generated video content on product pages to help buyers make a purchase decision.
- Reputation Management: Businesses can track, analyze, and manage all the reviews across web and social platforms. A bad review can affect a brand’s business, creating an unsatisfactory reputation.
- Repurposed UGC for Brand Advertising: Video reviews that cast brands in a positive light are great promotional materials that can be used as advertising campaigns. This type of content also helps brands be more dynamic and relatable.
- Influencer Marketing: This (not so new anymore but still trending) business model is based on consumers giving their opinion through video reviews. Brands who partner with Influencers gain access to the influencers audiences immediately. All of this raises brand awareness, engagement and growth.
- Dynamic Analytics: Platforms like ours, specialize in analyzing web and social media video(s) in order to extract data and insights that are relevant, timely and offer dynamic insights about market trends. This information can be incredibly powerful and when offered at any scale, it has a profound effect on marketing strategies and commerce.
- Direct Engagement with Consumers: In the past, brands have had to put a great deal of effort into building their relationship with consumers. Today, brands can get instant feedback with consumers who are interacting with their brand. It’s been proven that customers value when a brand listens to the feedback that they give about a product or a service.
- Video is Easy To Share on Social: Video is a type of content that social media users like to watch AND share. Everyone knows that Word-of-Mouth is the best possible marketing and video reviews and testimonials are the new “Word of Mouth” in this digital age. When a video is successful in that its highly watchable and shareable, the return on investment for brands can be great. The trick is, creating or finding the right type of video content for your brand to watch and share. Vyrill makes this issue irrelevant.
Here are some facts about video reviews’ performance;